Monday, February 6, 2012

English Majors 101

You know you're an English Major if...

Once upon a time in a not-so-wonderful place called English 252, it is group research paper season. Luckily I am writing with 2 awesome girls. Amy and Shandi: You unquestionably rock.
We don't exactly feel like we fit the English major norms... We have learned that once you know what you're looking for, you can spot an English Major from across the library!

But today we found a few traits that we do fit!! English majors:

Do not do their hair. (We all fit this one today, so we were super excited! So excited, in fact, that we took a picture.)



Often have to define words used in daily conversation.

After reading [often creepy and unsavory stories] for 3 hours for homework or writing a paper, their reward for themselves is to... well read some more! or possibly blog... (Not that I know from experience or anything... ;)

Use allusions on a regular basis...
Funny story. Today during class [we were supposed to be working on our introduction] we started joking around with allusions and we got a little carried away... Kudos if you can name them all!

What’s in a book, if by any other form would it be so. . . ? To read or not read, that is the question. Of three things I was absolutely certain: I like books, books like me, and I am irrevocably in love with a good story. Classic novel, the story that lived. Twilight, the-book-that-must-not-be-named. The book is mine, my own, my precious. Books. Books aw what bwing us togevah, today.


Do you feel like this would work as a solid thesis? I don't see a problem with it... :)



Good morning, World. My cutie made an attempt to culture me and bring me greetings from a deformed version of Africa this morning. It was really exciting and exotic so early in the morning.


Dad, thank you for letting me in on "The Family Joke" today... I think. I so enjoyed talking with you for lunch. :) It was well worth the 3-day phone tag.

Truth:
Some days are just downer days. But I guess that is what opposition is all about, right? I do not think that it is a coincidence that my scripture reading was Alma 26 tonight. If you are feeling like you've had a bad day, what a powerful and uplifting chapter to read!

Here's to the raisins and the wild cards! (and to the days in the near future when doctors might actually call back.) In the words of Ammon, "Have we not great reason to rejoice?" I believe that we do. :)
(And I also believe that there is an Ammon out there for me somewhere... :) *Crossing my fingers*

Much Love!!

No comments:

Post a Comment