Monday, January 9, 2012

Peculiar Rexburg

Soooo...
What is there to actually do in Rexburg? ...







I guess you know now. We compared the blood pressure machines in Wal Mart and Albertsons. (Machines may cause bruising or loss of consciousness.) Verdict: Wal Mart wins. Exciting... obviously.

My new ward seems really wonderful. Great Bishopric, great people, great spirit.
When we started to sing the closing song (How Firm A Foundation) in Sacrament Meeting, the thought, We really are a peculiar people came to my mind. How many college aged students choose to wake up in time to be presentable by 9 in the morning on a Sunday and spend 3 hours sitting in church? All while fasting! Not very many. I am so grateful to be up here at such a wonderful place where the Spirit is always close by. And I am grateful to be peculiar.

For Sunday dinner Ash and I made chicken pillows and mini apple pies! We were walking out to meet Tanner when a group of guys walking by decided that mini apple pies were "actually pretty impressive" and yelled things like "Call me!" Oh Rexburg...



At a fireside, Quinci and I learned that we have the same finger callous from writing. Yeah, we are ex-room mates. AKA maybe sisters in a past life.


Today Quinci made me be a big girl and eat in The Crossroads. (BYU-Idaho's big cafeteria) This is my 3rd semester and the thought of eating there was always scary to me because it is so big and there are so many choices! So here I am being afraid.

In case you wanted to know, the chicken quesadilla was exquisite. Thanks, Quinci. :)

I could not list the many blessings and tender mercies being poured over me if I tried. I know without a doubt that this is where I am meant to be. And that makes it a lot easier to be here away from my sweet family. Miss you guys!

Much Love!!

1 comment:

  1. I love your peculiarness. And I love your chicken pillows (It's good that you aren't here making them to tempt me). But most of all, I love that you are in the right place at the right time, doing the right thing! :o) Love you sooooo much!

    ReplyDelete