Friday, January 13, 2012

Classical Domestic Goddesses... In a Box.

I have become a classical music fiend!

I listen to it as I walk to class. I listen to it as I do my Semi-weekly, crazy, kitchen scrub downs. (SWKSD)

And guess what. I am even listening to it RIGHT NOW.

Mostly because I have to memorize the names, composers, styles, etc. of 25 pieces (Not to mention 30 classical art pieces...) for my Humanities class.
But guess what. I like it. It is calming and it helps me feel super productive. I can do homework, walk AND chew gum all at the same time!!!

This week, Ashlyn and I have found time in our SUPER busy and exciting schedules... to become domestic goddesses. AKA We made some brownies from scratch...

Meaning we scratched the lid off of the box with the mix in it.



Ashlyn, Tanner and I all got nicknames this week... This is Ashlyn displaying hers. Tipsy Billy.


Tanner and I have had to make the terrifying journey through the Pit of Despair almost everyday this week! Apparently Tuscany is in a really scary part of town...


For one of my English classes, I am reading a biography of Abraham Lincoln. In Elementary school he wrote a short little poem like this:

Abraham Lincoln
His hand and pen
He will be good
But God knows when.

Quinci and I decided to try our hand at poems. Quinci was kind enough to post mine on my FB wall and she composed a beautiful number of her own that can also be found there.



"Cannon in D" - Johann Pachelbel - Baroque - Track 3 ?? (That is the wedding march, isn't it?)
Truth? Mmmmaybe. I guess we will find out someday. But one thing is for sure a FACT. Quinci Whatcott does blush.

Word of the day: Concise... or copious... or voluptuous...

Beauty and the Beast tonight... in 3D!!!! I just have one things to say to that:

"Messiah: Halleluiah Chorus" - George Friedrich Handel - Baroque - Track 50

I am grateful for the ability to laugh at myself and all of the fun and embarrassing things that happen in life. That truly is a blessing. When we step back, it is plain to see that we have so much to be grateful for and even more to laugh about. Thanks for being raisins in the bowl of mushy bran.

Much Love!!

No comments:

Post a Comment