Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Cards Under the Table

This is an unusual blog... It started out as something completely different all together and evolved into what it is now... So if you feel like it doesn't really fit together very well... That's why. Haha (Not that my blogs are ever really put together well....)

My room mates were just the sweetest girls today. Taylor walked me all the way to class because it was really icy and things go a lot more smoothly if someone lends me an arm on the ice these days... Oh boot.
And then as if that wasn't enough kindness to last me a week, Alexa gave me a corsage that some random person gave her today! What the heck?? I love you guys! Thanks for being a great part of my day! You are such sweet room mates!


So today is the day! My first 'single-aversary.' Today is also Qunici's 3 month 'single-aversary.' So obviously we had a big celebration planned! (I am a big believer that you should take every opportunity to celebrate random occasions! Quinci humors me. Awesome, right?)

First, for our lunch date I brought party favors. AKA cuties for everyone!


Then a late-night ColdStone adventure.


Ashlyn came too, even though she isn't sure what she is celebrating... Probably just life. :) For ice cream, any reason is a good one, right?


Today was a pretty fantastic day already, but this added a certain majesty to it.


That's right. I am the proud renter of a bedroom ceiling with a wave about to engulf a shark next to an empty surfboard! Do you see it? Couldn't have plastered it better myself. ;)


Yesterday Elder L. Tom Perry came to campus for devotional. There just are not words to describe the experience... In fact, I tried to write a blog about it yesterday and I just couldn't.
Yep... I have been trying for like 20 minutes now. I just can't describe it right... All I can say is that it was such a powerful experience and the spirit he brought here was so tangible.

Everyday lately I see more and more ways that I have been so immensely blessed, despite the snow or my dang foot, or anything else that could happen. An experience like yesterday helps put things into perspective. Nothing else even matters. Jesus Christ. Love. Service. Family. These are the things that bring real and lasting joy. These are the 'things that matter most.'

I am pretty sure that Someone really loves me.
It kind of reminds me of playing cards with my dad. He always wants everyone to be able to go down so he will just slip you the cards you need under the table, chuckling all the while. :)
Just like my earthly father, I feel like my Heavenly Father is slipping me the cards I need under the table. He is also slipping me cards I didn't even know I needed. But lucky for me, He knows the game and He wants me to win.

"Isn't it great?!"

Much Love!!

1 comment:

  1. I love this post! I have a few observations:
    -Woolbur was right.
    -you are spending too much time in your bed if you've analyzed your ceiling that much.
    -You are having a great adventure and focusing on the good things.
    -Everyone loves you.
    -and you have an awesome dad and a knack for seeing truthful analogies in everyday life!
    -you are amazing!

    ReplyDelete