14ers. I always thought that "Fourteeners" was a universal term. Guess what. It's not. Turns out it is a Colorado Thing. Who knew, right?
Broulim's. Things are looking good. I think I have actually been to the store 3 times this semester without a single old man cornering me and hitting on me! (In case you were wondering... this is an unusual occurrence for me... Just ask Quinci. She enjoys educating people about this phenomenon.)
Remember that time when Quinci made me eat at the Cross Roads for the first time and I was really scared? Well I am a pro now. She kindly took this picture of me "loving" the Cross Roads. It's hard not to when you have an hour and a half of quality lunch date there everyday with great folks.

This next one may shock some people... Like you, Mom. Make sure you are sitting down, ok?
I have done this crazy thing this week called not procrastinating. It means that I have done my homework on the day it was assigned instead of waiting until the last minute. It's weird. I feel all accomplished and smart and like my time is being used wisely... I don't know how I feel about it yet. I'll let you know.
Oh yeah, and I made 55 note cards last night to help me study my classical pieces... What is happening to me? I'm not allowed to be this responsible...
I hope you got through that ok, Momma. ;)
Yesterday Rexburg was face-hurting-ly cold. Today it is worthy of tears. The worst part is actually the wind. I think it can actually penetrate any material no matter how many layers you wear. (The weight college students in Rexburg gain is pure cotton and polyester...) And those toe warmers that are supposed to last for 6 hours... They've never met Rexburg before. Try 3 hours... Maybe. Sorry toes!
But I have decided that wind is partly a blessing. You don't have to feel like a lazy, yucky person for not doing your hair because everyone's hair is all over the place! It's great! And it makes the beautiful days seem that much better. Thanks, wind!
But mostly I have re-learned that my Father in Heaven loves the people around me. And He loves me too. That knowledge is invaluable to me. :)
Much Love!!
After I recovered from the shock of your great new habits, I immediately had to let you know how awesome you are! Of course you have always been wonderful, but now it's a 2fer. You are wonderful and really on top of all things school. Stay warm! Love you, MOM!
ReplyDelete