Thursday, October 20, 2011

IT'S A ??

Today I found out that my foot does not have a baby.

Malena got an ultra sound today too. So we had an ultrasound party last night.

Don't worry. I made the invitations.


I am a great artist.


And we made yet another wonderful bulletin board.


Anyways...

I went into the doctor and waited for him to realize that he should be talking to me, not my mom. It didn't happen, so I told him. Haha Apparently we go way back. He is the radiologist who read my MRI. I was completely surprised that the goo that they use for an ultrasound was actually warm, not cold.

So after squeezing my foot (a lot), pushing sound waves around in it, and getting a considerable amount of goo in between my toes, they decided that they would, in fact stick a needle into it to see if liquid would come out.
First, they cleaned my foot a lot. And none too gently. Apparently they forgot that my foot actually hurts... Then they numbed me up. This time was a lot less painful for whatever reason. (For this, I am extremely grateful!!) Then I think he stuck a needle in my foot a lot (I see 4 holes aside from the numbing one.) and tried to pull liquid out. But I couldn't see any of this because I was laying on my stomach looking at the wall while everyone else focused on my foot. No liquid came out. .... So basically I was sent home to wait some more for a call from my doctor.

My podiatrist is so great. I am pretty sure she is working long hours just for me. She just called me. It looks like surgery is the next option. So this is what we'll do.

(P.S. I am not alone in this. Malena is getting surgery too. She just told me, "You know you're best friends when you have problems together.")

Surprisingly, I don't feel afraid. I feel relieved. I feel at peace. I feel grateful. And this is the same way I felt before my 'aspiration' today. (And that is saying something considering my ... issue with needles.)
I cannot express how grateful I am for the priesthood in my life. I know that everything will be ok. I have learned so much from this ordeal already. Nothing quite as important as the fact that my Father in Heaven knows me personally. He loves me and I am in His hands.

Much Love!!

4 comments:

  1. A good blessing can go a long way. But your faith is what keeps it going. Good job! P.S. You can get my mail ANY time :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. By the way, when they did a stress test on my heart, the ultrasound goo was freezing cold. Consider yourself lucky.
    -Jameson

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are definitely being watched over and cared for. Love you!

    ReplyDelete