Saturday, October 1, 2011

I've Heard Someday Might Be Today

Last night I went to Legend’s production of Alice in Wonderland. It was so cute and funny!

I got to sit by Kyley. (Alice’s sister and one of my very best friends) This was a treat. I missed her a lot! She is just one of those people that I know will still be my friend when I am 80-something. :) P.S. Vote yes on pre-med. :)


4th Year hike. :)



Awesome.



Oh baby.



Now we are grown up college students. So mature and distinguished. :)



I am just so glad to have good friends like Kyley. :) This is what life is about!


And here is her little sister! I stole this from Facebook. She is just too cute! She was the perfect Alice.


As great as the play was though, my favorite part of the night came after. We were standing out in the lobby after the show. Kyley, Chuck (Kyley’s grandma), and I were talking when suddenly Chuck reaches out and squeezes the Hare’s little bunny tail! Hahaha He didn’t notice, but it was just so funny! Kyley and I nearly wet our pants.


General Conference today. WOW! (No more necessary.) Watch it if you haven't yet!!


After years of orthodonture, I am left with straight teeth and retainers to sleep in to keep the memories alive. I’ve been sick so I haven’t been wearing my retainers to bed like I should. Putting them in last night was… ouch! Instantly I thought of the parallel to real life in doing things constantly. When I am wearing my retainer every night, no pain. When I go a week or 2 on the other hand…


So it is with habits that we ought to keep.


Sometimes I find myself putting things off in my mind like this: I want to read [insert book or conference talk here.] I’ll just do it next week. But then it never gets done.

It is never a convenient time to start a good habit or routine and the adversary tries hard to get us to stay in the same routine of someday I will…

One of my favorite songs from August Rush says “I’ve heard someday might be today.” I love that line. How profound.


Let’s start good habits today. Let’s Make/Find joy in the journey today. Let’s make our someday today.


Much Love!!

No comments:

Post a Comment