Sunday, March 18, 2012

Semi-Antisocial Cave-Dweller

I've changed my blog title... I'm not sure if I'll keep it yet... But it fits, I suppose. Feel free to give input!

Remember those Amelia books? I got to read one in Children's Lit this week! Look! Raisins!


P.S. in Children's Lit we have to plan mini lessons. This week I read Brian's Winter. [Which is an excellent book by the way.] I brought a nerf gun to go along with my lesson. But all of the girls in my group were too cool to play with it... It was kind of sad. But I got to shoot Paul with it at PT so it was worth it!

GREAT NEWS: I've got a date to Bear World for Spring! And he is even a good date! Psh. What more could you want out of life?

So here is the proof. I have straight A's!
[For those of you who are not aware... This is a big deal. Once upon a time my GPA in high school was... Well let's just say less than a 3.0. I didn't exactly love high school so I didn't care... Haha]
But I have become "responsible" this semester. AKA I am a semi-antisocial cave-dweller. ;) [This title brought to you in part by the fact that: Baby, it's cold outside.]


The lowest A has been the hardest. Sister Holt has a PHD and she is intimidating and feminist. I cannot believe that I have finally scraped an A-! We will see if it lasts... Either way, this is a big accomplishment for me!

I registered for classes this week! It's looking good so far! I will have Fridays off just like last Spring. I am very excited! Tomorrow I think I will make the switch into Archery! Ahh! :)
English major book lists.... LONG!


But it'll be great. I get to read 30 novels for my Young Adult Lit class! :D I cannot believe someone is willing to pay me [in grades] to do what I love to do! Ha!

I was diligent in working out this week. I am really getting over that whole having uneven calves thing... So cycling is awesome because it doesn't hurt too badly and I can read and listen to music as I do it! See? And I usually throw in pushups and abs to seal the deal. [It's not running, but it is so much better than not doing anything! Grateful that I can do this much.]


Unfortunately my foot didn't love it as much as I did so I have been on "limited foot use" this weekend. The working out starts again tomorrow! Woo hoo! Wish me luck!

Oh yeah. I got an Elder Rife letter yesterday. He is doing great and being his goofy self!

Alexa, Hannah, and I have made a chain. Of course we are not counting down to the end of the semester or anything..... BUT if we were... There might be 20 days left. This means that the chain is short enough to sit under... Kind of. We were all very excited by this! ... Not that we are counting down or anything...


Strawberries were on sale this week and I have been savoring them. I shared a bowl of strawberries with a stranger that was sleeping on the floor in my apartment today. Fact: When you bond over a bowl of strawberries, you are automatic friends. Who knew?

Today has been a fantastic day. Church was phenomenal. It was so good that tears were shed. The semester is coming to a close and we all feel it. This ward is a really great one.
I got to talk to Kyley for a while today! :) And Quinci and I sat and bonded in the car at haunted places and rail road tracks so that Bethany could take some pictures. Being in the middle of nowhere is so peaceful. I hope to be able to hike up to great beautiful heights and feel some more of this peace this summer. :) (It is certainly not a coincidence that prophets of old would go to the mountains to pray.) I also got to talk to my loving family. Where would I be without you guys?

I got to go to a musical fireside with Erin and Nate [The new-found strawberry friend] tonight. It was really peaceful. I didn't know it, but I needed it. I was sitting there listening and I had worries start building up in my mind. [Apparently worries are a common thing among grown-ups...]
Almost instantly, I just had a feeling of peace come over me and the thought: Everything is going to be ok. It will all work out.
We can only do the best that we can do. The rest we have to leave to faith. I am truly amazed at the blessings that have been coming to me. I have the best support system in the world and I love you guys so much! My foot probably won't magically be fixed tomorrow or even the next day (although that would be pretty nifty) but through this trial I am learning so much. And I know that no matter what, it [meaning everything] is going to be ok. It really is.
And honestly, life is SO good! I have learned that it IS possible to find joy in the journey even when the going gets rough. And the cool thing is that the trials we go through are actually good for us. They are an act of love. Helaman 12. Check it out. Enjoy the raisins, folks. I love you all.

Much Love!!

2 comments:

  1. You brighten my day every time I read your blog! You are such a great example of positive thinking and being grateful and I love it! Hang in there and as you said, everything is gonna be all right! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm adding that to my to-do list.
    "Share Strawberries with a Stranger"

    ReplyDelete