Friday, March 9, 2012

The Best Worst Week!

This week has been very busy and crazy. [And to be honest, downright frustrating at times.] But there has been a LOT of laughter squeezed into it too! :)

I finally got my medical history sent to me... It's been so long that I forgot that I was waiting for it! Haha That whole section in the back is devoted to the saga of the foot... Haha



Sometimes, at lunch date Quinci sees handsome men walk by. And sometimes they look over and see her [jokingly?] looking at them like this. Bahaha


Yesterday was a fantastic lunch date. I was walking out of the bathroom when this nice girl and I had a funny conversation:
NG: I LOVE your shoes! ... Er..
M: You mean my shoe? haha
NG: I am so sorry.
M: No, no it's funny! Don't worry. I wear a Van, not Vans! It's all good!

The poor girl felt really badly when she didn't need to because I thought it was hilarious! I was dying with laughter.

Then the Polynesian Cultural Association decided to come do the Haka and other awesome dancing! It was so great! And they were funny.

"Usually we would not be wearing a shirt and pants... But this is BYU-Idaho... So we can't do that."
Also. Have you ever heard the Haka translated into English? It's kind of silly, but still sa-weet. :)


Phys therapy was rough yesterday. My foot is very upset with life as of late.
BUT the cool thing was that I got my foot lazered!! Paul promised that I wouldn't turn into an alien. [So far this is true.] I also had micro stim done. I should have taken a picture of that too, but I was busy being a 'big girl' because it really hurt. Haha


I am so grateful for Paul (Phys therapist). He is so helpful and gets really creative in trying to fix this fun foot of mine. I am in the market for a new doctor (not a new phys therapist) for a second opinion and he gave me lots of good names to look at! Thanks, Paul!


Ash decided that we needed to try the Shamrock shake at McDonald's. Try it... It's good, but strange. We had to Google the flavor because we couldn't figure it out... This is seriously the cutest picture of Ashlyn. You are gorgeous, Lady! :)


Oh Alexa, you are a doll. Thank you so much for your sweet note. :)


Oh. And don't worry. It's not like I got 100% on my Star Wars quiz or anything.... :) Nerd Alert!


Last night Meem called me and informed me that it is a crime to be home alone reading Frankenstein on a Friday night. But don't worry. I did go out... Kind of.

It is difficult to choose a highlight of the week because there have been so many, But [aside from Monday night] I think it would have to be...

Laundromat date with Quinci!

The spoils. What does one bring to a Friday night laundromat date? Drinks, sorbets, and obviously Pop Rocks with dippable, rocket-ship suckers!


The night entailed:
accidentally washing our whites for an extra 20 minutes...
Listening to crooners and other classics. "Gidget" by James Darren, "Beyond the Sea," and lots of Frank.
AND we finished off the night with Parachute? Apparently they are a classic now.





The dryers are massive...


Quinci is a diva.


This week has been a long one, and I am so grateful to everyone who made me smile! There were tons of them!! I really cannot even name them all because there are too many. Thank you guys so much! :)
I know that the Lord provides amazing little miracles. I have definitely been on the receiving end this week. Too many blessings to count! When super hard times come, I think that the blessings get upped to compensate. The joys outweigh the tough stuff ALWAYS!
And gosh, I am grateful for this gospel. I would not be the happy soul that I am without it! "My cup [STILL] runneth over."

P.S. Yes. I have a new starting song for my playlist. I became obsessed with it after ExtravaDance. :) It's just so happy!

Much Love!!

No comments:

Post a Comment