Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Run With Patience? (Is that even possible?)

Fantastic News!!!!
I got into archery! I have been wanting to take this since I found out that they offer it here but it always fills up so fast! (Thanks, Amy for holding my spot. :) If they ever have a bring your friend to archery class day, you have totally got the spot! Haha) I fell in love with archery in 5th grade at James' Birthday party. Apparently it is in my blood! Because...
Aunt Jean was awesome and posted pictures of my great-grandparents!


Utah state Champ!


You go, Great-Grandma Charlotte!

No pressure! :P

PT was rough today. They are kind of running out of things to try... It was a tear-filled afternoon.

One of the most frustrating things about today was that I came home really stressed and upset and could not go for a run. Running is the best stress reliever. It helps to clear my mind and make me feel good. Unfortunately that isn't an option at the moment.
I am not a hard core runner. I just run for the joy of it. It's always been there before as a stress reliever. Not having it available when I want it most is a bit of a downer.

BUT the good news is that Netflix is great for getting your mind off of things.

Did you know that some people really do believe in Fairies? Apparently they are real. I found a documentary on it today. I made it through 3 minutes and 55 seconds before I decided to find something else to watch... And of course it was something Discovery Channel. I am surprised that you even had to ask....

[Side note: DO NOT watch Nature's Deadliest right before bed. Ever!]

ANYWAYS.

Tonight I decided to look up running scriptures. I found really great ones! My favorite is just too good not to share. Hebrews 12:1 "...Let us run with patience the race that is set before us" (Verses 1-13 are absolute amazing. Check 'em out!) Being patient in a race is kind of ironic... But it really makes sense once you think about it.
I feel like this scripture is another way of saying, "Come what may and love it," "Find joy in the journey," "Endure to the end," etc. We are chastened because we are loved, as tough as that is to remember sometimes.

When we run with patience, we do not give up.
When we run with patience we live for each step, not just for the end of our race.
When we run with patience we enjoy the run.

If we run with our lives centered on Christ, we are given awesome strength in our muscles and run faster and farther. We will complete our race. Sometimes we may feel so discouraged and beaten to exhaustion. All we have to do is be patient through the mud holes and the shin splints and keep moving forward with all of the strength that we can muster. He will come through. It is simply a battle of faith, patience, and endurance; just like running. :)

Much Love!!

1 comment: