Thursday, September 1, 2011

Reflections of a Hopeless Romantic.

It is still out there somewhere, right?? I am convinced that it is. :)


Confession: I have been re-reading Pride and Prejudice. I am still completely enamored with this story. :) Call me a sappy girl, call me a hopeless romantic, but there's the truth.



I still insist that if everyone read this book (And a whole list of other books), the world would be a better place. In the movie (Colin Firth version) and in the book, there are a TON of really great quotes that teach great life lessons. Example.

Scene. After all of the mean things that Mr. Darcy and Elizabeth had said to each other and gone through, they finally had become engaged for real, but it was still under wraps. Elizabeth tells Jane and Jane is completely shocked. She insists that she is crazy because she always hated him. Elizabeth says, "In such cases as these a good memory is inpardonable."

Woah, Lizzy!

I think that this is the perfect response any time that we feel offended, misused, or ill-treated. Forgiveness. Easier said than done, but no less important.

Also. I found this Neal A. Maxwell quote that just completely blew my mind. It is a mouthful.

What is past is truly prologue; hence an unvarying, all-seeing God, desiring to save mercurial and myopic man, is not interested in our retroactive adulation, but in preventing our prospective ruination. (November 1986 Ensign)

At first I skipped over it. But I went back and the nerd in me decided I wanted to figure out what he was saying. Dictionary.com is surely an Extra Raisin in this world of Bran. Once you figure it out, it is a simple concept. (Just keep swimming. Just keep swimming. Just keep swimming, swimming, swimming...) But I feel like maybe this was written so... swollen with vocabulary because it takes time to think about and figure out. When we take time to decipher something's meaning, it makes more of an impression on us. It is almost like you gain a personal relationship with it when you labor to figure something out. This quote has sure made an impression on me.

I love my dad so much! He gets me through so much and he knows exactly how to push my buttons. He always gives sound advice. And he never fails to make a joke to lighten the mood. Here's a picture from my 4th year Girl's Camp. It's golden. I could never express how grateful I am to have such a wonderful father.


My parents are all the proof I could ever need to know that it is still out there. :) I love you guys!

Much Love!!

2 comments:

  1. I couldn't agree more with all you said! I love you, Marc. Thanks for the inspiration.:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have such a fun writing style. I can't wait to read your posts. They always make me laugh!!! Thanks! Yes romance is still out there. It just looks different when it's simmered for a long time. You're right, Dad is awesome!

    ReplyDelete