(P.S. They totally brought me fried pickles to try because they play a big role in one of our recent reads "What Happened to Goodbye?" -Sarah Dessen. If you are in the mood for a teenie-bopper chick flick book, there it is!)
Anyways. Liam. We were aimlessly swimming through the sea with crocodiles and octopi (Jumping on the trampoline with our imaginations turned on full blast), when Liam decided to take a detour to the garden. He sped over, yanked the head off of a flower and crushed it his hand, then threw it on the ground and ran off again.
This is normal little boy behavior, of course. But I couldn't help remembering back to my childhood days. I destroyed my fair share of flowers, don't get me wrong, but my approach was very different. I would sit in the grass and delicately pull one petal off at a time, place it on my palm and blow it away. "He loves me. He loves me not. ..."
Funny how the little differences between boys and girls show so young. A perfect example of this is shown in Kid History.
Go to Youtube and Type in Kid History 6 (My current favorite). This will be time well spent. Scout's Honor. Kids do say the darnedest things.
I love watching these because they are funny and also because you can tell such a difference between the little girls and the little boys. The boys go through all of these battle sequences and use a lot of sound effects, while the girls always try to quell the fights by saying, "Just kidding! I want to be your friend!" And talking about the things they 'yike' (like).
Watch them!
I love my job. I get to spend my days in first grade where life is simple and positivity abounds. I also get to do crafts like these nifty book marks! Everyday I see more and more evidence of how much we can learn from children. We may be the teachers in their lives, but without them I think we would be completely lost.

Here is a little bit of what I have learned from my first graders:
They NEVER hesitate to say, "I like you!" and grab your hand.
If someone is sad or hurt, they are the very best comforters.
They are honest.
They love to give out compliments.
They laugh any chance they get.
Their "I love you" is always heartfelt.
What a blessing to be surrounded by little angels every day. :)
Look what my mom found this morning!! The best part about this was that she got so excited and her voice went all high pitched. She said, "Look! I found a Julie Bean!" :) I love spending time with my momma. She is all I could ever ask for in a mother and everything I hope to become someday.

Holly and I have been on a pioneer movie kick lately. We finally finished all 6 of the "Love Comes softly" movies after staying up past 1AM last night. Then we found out that there are actually 8 of them!! Thank goodness for Netflix.

Here is some of our commentary while watching these:
I like your... belt... :)
Hey! I wear the pants in this family! You wear the belt!
Wow. These pioneer people sure love talkin' bout thier feelin's!
I am determined to find a pioneer man or maybe a Pransom Hince... Wish me luck? ;)
P.S. About this whole staying-up-late thing. It just isn't as fun as it used to be. When I get to sleep in the next day, I no longer think, Oh I will just stay up because then I can sleep in tomorrow! Now I think, I can sleep now AND sleep in!
Yes. I am old. Haha Thank you for asking. :)
Oh Meem. I am so grateful to be living by Meem again.

We always have so much to laugh about. Someday we will be the founders of Meem N Marc's. Whether it turns out to be a fashion line or... a different project is debatable, but the fact that she will be the one to push us to finish it is not. I admire her for who she is and how she lives her life.
As always, thank you all for being a part of my life. And thank you for reading my less-than-exciting blog. :) Don't forget to remember the raisins in the bran!
Much Love!!
No comments:
Post a Comment