Tuesday, September 13, 2011

The Sweet Sound of Techno in the Morning.

By 5:30 this morning, I had already begun my adventure for the day.
My mom woke me up and I grabbed my boot and blanket and headed out to the car without so much as a glance in the mirror. (Gross, I know. Try not to dwell on it. :)
We made it with only a few detours. Today I think I hit the record for number of people who handed paperwork to my mom instead of me or asked to see her ID instead of mine. I was a broken record. "Actually, I am an adult, so I need to sign that, not her." But hey, that's what I get for that no mirror thing, I guess. Haha
Somebody slept in today. And it wasn't me. Just the lady who was supposed to check me in and tell me where to go. But don't worry. A frazzled, old lady came out and complained enough that we knew our neglect wouldn't last long.
After a few more rounds of, "Actually, I'm an adult," I was strapped in exactly so with cusions shoved all around me, had big ear muffs placed over my messy hair, and told to stay as still as possible.
Then it began.

I was taking heavy artillery one moment, and in the next I was in a sci-fi movie and the space ship was on red alert. I think I also visited several construction sights and a techno dance rave party.

That's right. Today I had my MRI.

I found several times in the noise to ponder on the irony of things. One was...

There was a sign near the door that said something like this: "If the alarm starts going off, the oxygen is low in the room and will need to be evacuated immediately." Then they proceed to put you in a tiny tube and sound all kinds of alarms at you....

I am also convinced that techno and some pop artists came up with their inspiration from getting an MRI. It sounds exactly like many popular songs. I found myself bobbing my head and mouthing words that fit perfectly to the beat.

Overall I had a great experience aside from the fact that I am super sore for being tensed up for 45 minutes straight trying not to move a muscle.

My mom was so nice to take me and now hopefully I can know for sure what is wrong with my foot. What a great age of technology we live in.

It's only 9:30 in the morning! I wonder where the rest of my day will take me... :)

Lunch Update: The adventure continues as I drive left-footed.
But wait! There's more! I have played the "I am older than I look" game at least 4 more times today with parents and staff who didn't know me. (Even though I did finally fix myself in the mirror.)
I can always count on my little first graders to make me feel so great and beautiful. "Ms. Clark! I LOVE your dress. You look like a princess."
I also had a Catholic Priest ask me lots of questions about my church, listen respectfully, and ask for more in the future.

Woah baby! What a life!

In the words of Johnny Legend: "I heard someday might be today..."

"Make/ Find joy in the journey!"

Much Love!!

No comments:

Post a Comment