Sunday, June 21, 2009

My Summer ahead in a nutshell.

It's a great day to be alive! I know the sun's still shinin' when I close my eyes! It's a hard time in the neighborhood, but why can't everyday be just this goooooooood!?
So apparently I think in music.... That is such a good song if you have never heard it! "It's a great Day to be Alive" by Travis Tritt... I think...
Yesterday Brady Smith had his birthday party! it was so fun! He has this HUGE-MONGOUS!!!!!! yard with a big hill. So of course he had a HUGE-MONGOUS slip n' slide to go with it! Perfect match! Like macaroni and Cheese. (Don't ask me why I decided to randomly capitalize Cheese... it just looks better that way, I guess.) But anywho, it was very fun and I think EVERYONE got a battle scar or two.... Best party favors ever, in my opinion!! I escaped with a huge bruise on my hip and some "grass bites." I bet you didn't even know that grass bites you when it gets severely annoyed or mad, but it does. Me and Ash and Kinsey all got Bro Wood with water balloons right before we left. (I still have some unfinished business to attend to pertaining to that "ball of fun." Two 4th of July breakfasts ago, I was totally winning our annual water fight when he decides to cheat!! With an insider tip from his son, Jake, he figures out that I might... possibly.... maybe... just a little bit, be ticklish. So he tickles me and picks me up and holds me under the faucet! Cheap shot! It's not like I can just pick him up!!!! I WILL get him back.)
Then Ash and I went to meet a girl that just moved in named Hannah. She is so sweet and nice! I can't wait to get to know her more and have her turn 16 and be in Laurels in a month or so.
So then later we had a dance! Yay dance! And it was extra fun because we were all hanging out earlier so we were already all knit together with love!! Bahaha. But it was really fun and Everyone had a great time!! Brady became my "dance partner" because he is awesome and crazy and lifts me and spinny stuff. Plus we made it all around the whole room in one song! Crazy, I know... But the themes are always so....... hmmmm how should I say this? Um unnecessary and slightly scary. Ha literally! Last night was the "Dance Before Time." So they had all of these pictures of dinosaurs and a VERY disturbing dinosaur movie... documentary? showing on the wall. And everyone always seemed to look at it at the worst times too! Like when the dinosaurs were mating or feeding their young, bloody eggs... I think they took the theme a little too far. Haha But I appreciate the thought and everything and it was sort of fun to laugh about. Maybe next time they should just stick to 80's or something though...
Today is FATHER'S DAY! I have a GREAT father! I am so blessed. Dad, you do so much for me. I know I don't tell you everyday like I ought to, but I am so grateful for everything you do. Whether it is fixing the lawn mower or trying to cheer me up when I am being a grump, you are so amazing and help me with so much! If I had a million dollars, If I had a million dollars, I would buy you a house.... and I dont know the rest of the words... but I would buy you a lot of stuff cuz you deserve it!! I love you Dad!!
This week is VERY big for me! Today I was set apart, conducted, gave the thought and prayer, lead the theme and scripture, and taught the laurel lesson. But it felt very good. :) The next 3 days will be spent in preparations for 3 seperate.... but-not-really, trips that I am going on! And this week also holds a few little suprizes that won't be written about... hehe. ;) Thursday Youth Conference starts which will be so fun! And that will include another dance too. I always love the testimony meetings there as well. :) Sister Knudsen, we are gonna miss you a lot! Right after testimony meeting on Saturday, I get picked up and drive to Utah. Then to Spokane, Washington for a couple of days. Then we go to the peninsula for the 4th of July and to see Grandma and Grandpa and... (Jack Johnson. hehe ;) Grandma) Then back down to Utah for Grandpa Ash's wedding to Ilene(hope I spelled that right). We LOVE her and are excited to welcome her officially to the family. :) Then we drive home. The VERY NEXT MORNING I wake up at the crack of dawn and go up to be a SYCCA YCL at Girl's Camp for a week! (That is a camp counselor of sorts) Then I come home and hang out with the best Buhls I have ever met! I can't wait to see you my wonderful cousins, aunt, and uncle! And Kyley and Chelsea are also going to make their appearances!! Yay! Yay! Yay! I can't wait!
So I have to pack for all of that(minus the people who are visiting me) this week!!!! But I am so pumped/psyched/excited/whatever else for these trips! Thanks Mom and Dad for makin' it happen!
Much Love!!

No comments:

Post a Comment