Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Climbin' Mountains and Passin' Classes

Holy canoli! Life is good. :)

Saturday night: P Party to support the men while they went to Priesthood session. Ate Pizza and Pasta with Prongs [aka forks] and came up with as many P words as we could. At 9ish I decided I should Probably go home and write my Paper. Quinci and Rachel were not ok with this. So they sat on me. They watched a movie and I fell asleep.
It was a very Productive night, let me tell you. Haha I felt loved at least...

What does one do on a Sunday in between conference sessions? No clue. But TWO (being Quinci and Michelle) decide to eat waffles and shave their legs... It's a long story.



General Conference was amazing, wasn't it?? This year was the first year that I went into it with specific focuses and questions in mind. Coolest. Thing. Ever.
People always said that they get answers... Oh my goodness. They were so right. :) I hope you all got the answers you stood in need of.

After hearing all of the talks, there is no way that I could choose only one to be my favorite because I got such different things from each of them. BUT President Eyring's in the Saturday morning session gave me lots of food for thought. I'll share a little piece of my experience.

One part that really got me was the very beginning, talking about climbing mountains. I wrote a couple weeks ago about how I hope to be able to hike this summer so I can climb to the top of mountains and look out on all the good stuff. (And don't get me wrong, I still do.) But his talk helped me to realize that maybe I have been climbing a mountain.
It has been hard work to be sure. And it is completely obvious that I haven't been doing this on my own. [THANK GOODNESS] But through the blood and tears you can bet that I have seen some of the most beautiful views I have ever seen. I have been climbing mountains and seeing the beauty around me, I have just been climbing them sitting down with scriptures in my hands.

August 2010. I wrote a blog post that is now quite ironic. I wrote about how I had had a change of heart about mowing the lawn with a defective lawn mower and always complaining about it. I wrote:
"While I am standing there vowing that I will somehow find a way to destroy the lawn mower, maybe someone else is sitting and vowing that they would gladly mow the lawn 100 times over if they could only have legs that worked."

I didn't know then that I would be here two years later wanting to mow the lawn. And who knows where the heck I'll be in two more years! While this experience has been probably the hardest thing I have ever had to go through, it will not be the hardest thing I will ever go through. This is my miracle. I know it. Because of this, I know that I am loved. I am learning now with a baby trial things that will surely get me through bigger ones. Blessing? OH YEAH.

Yeah... Conference was so fantastic! So many answers. [And contrary to popular belief, I do not have any children. I just wanted to clear that one up, Mom. ;) Haha. Someday.]


2 classes down! 4 to go! (And all of the hard stuff is over with!!!) Smooth sailing from here on out. :)

Grading Humanities papers in class was very funny. One person liked to use "curtain" a lot in their paper... They missed the memo that this is the wrong way to spell certain and they used it a lot. Very entertaining to read out loud. :) My group almost couldn't handle it. But maybe we were just slightly slap happy.

Today was "The Last Hurrah." Yep. Our semester of lunch dates is coming to a close. :( We celebrated a great semester by getting the ever-classy chicken quesadillas.


In case you were wondering, this is what people look like during finals week. Spacey and tired.

2 finals completed. 2 A+'s so far! Only 2 portfolios and 2 tests left! Then I move 2 doors down and embark on the journey home for break to see 2 of my favorite things: Beautiful Colorado and my Fantastic Family!
2 Just might be the best number right now. :)

Much Love!!

2 comments:

  1. I can't wait to see your beautiful face!!! :o)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mother, don't be ridiculous. You just did. I posted a picture. :P Just kidding! I AM SO EXCITED TO SEE YOU!!!

      Delete