Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Avocados, Hippies, and Jenga OH MY

James and I survived the journey back to the Burg.
A couple of highlights:

Listening to the Tarzan Soundtrack... 3 times in a row. Haha

Quality conversation.
M: Oh good! We're getting to the pretty part of the drive!
J: Uhhh, it's been pretty this whole drive. *Then gestures to himself*
Humble, ain't he?


The things you find while you unpack... A scary skull and cross bones T-Shirt [which I have been assured is an omen] and a mystery bruise on my stomach/hip! [Which looks a lot cooler today, I might add. It's getting darker and darker!]




I am so excited for this little plant!


I will not be putting it into the care of my sisters though... We all know what happened with my dear cactus, Beauford.
RIP Beauford, I think of you often.
And I repeat: How on earth do you kill a cactus?? Easiest plant to keep alive... [Love you, Jo. Love you, Cheek.]

I may be Brazilian. [But unfortunately I am not very good at interpreting Portuguese... Yet. I know that a taco has something to do with a baseball bat... That's about it.]
Avocado, milk, sugar. Sounds like it would make a nasty smoothie, doesn't it?


Believe me when I tell you with this oh-so-serious face, that it is DE licious.



Ready for the most exciting news of the week??
Quinci and I BEAT JENGA last night!
And then we 'worked out.'
Try this: It is impossible to put your arms up like this at 90 degrees and touch the ground with your hands.



And yes. We are aware that we are strange... We like it.

Goal this semester: Quinci will be able to do pushups like a champ. She is a body builder on the inside, trust me.


I absolutely lucked out with classes this semester! I am so excited for all of them! My teachers are fantastic and inspired and I have the easiest schedule on the planet. There will be a lot of homework, but it shouldn't be a problem if I am diligent.

Natural Disasters. Family Foundations. Archery. Young Adult Literature. China. Child Development.
So stoked. :)


My room mates are all very sweet! I feel really lucky to have them. Our apartment is a clean and happy place. :D

Devotional yesterday was wonderful and don't even worry... We have already been lectured on marriage.

College is all about learning.
I learned about hippies today.
I thought that hippies were peace-loving people... Apparently they never walked through Rexburg wind and had their hair attack them from all angles at once! Eek. [I really hope that someone in heaven got a picture of that moment. I laughed out loud on accident because I knew I looked ridiculous. :) Good thing no one was close by.] I just need to be brave and let a stranger take scissors to my hair. Being a hippie is overrated.

I've got some big-girl decisions to make about the foot and such coming up...
Quinci and I were talking about the options last night and realizing that both choices have some serious pros and not many cons, which is a great blessing. We were also marveling at the fact that people make huge decisions like this without divine help. I cannot even imagine. I am so grateful for the gospel. I would be so lost without it.

I love you all. Thank you so much for your prayers. I feel them daily. :)

Much Love!!

No comments:

Post a Comment