Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Look Ma! No Hands!

Something fantastic and wonderful happened today.

And I am not talking about when a first grader had a major meltdown because of a stray pen mark on their math homework...

I got my stitches taken out and yes. I ditched the crutches.
Hence the title. :)


I was trying to do the whole one footed thing... But I fell. It's my first day back on my feet. Give me a break! Haha


As much fun as our Black Friday excursion was in a wheel chair... (It really was, see?)



I am so happy to be able to walk again, however tentatively. I cannot contain my joy. I can hold doors open for people! I could make my sister lunch today! (The poor, sick child.) I am so so so very grateful to be walking again. I am grateful that I have the chance to heal, because not everyone is so fortunate in their ailments and injuries.

It would be ungrateful of me not to thank all of my friends and family and thank them again. You guys got me through it. Mom, thanks for being 'my life' lately. I'll try to work on getting one with my new-found freedom. ;) Thanks for the prayers, laughter, visits, notes, etc. You guys get heavenly brownie points.


I look forward to the day when I will walk without my foot hurting with every step. Today that day does not seem so far away.


In the words of Woolbur, "Isn't it GREAT!?"

Much Love!!

1 comment: