Thursday, November 10, 2011

Raisins on a Roller Coaster

Life can be a roller coaster of events and emotions. But I've figured out that the wheels are going to keep going either way, so I might as well throw up my hands and try to enjoy the ride.

(Yes. I am aware that this is a cliche metaphor. Haha)

Yesterday was my pre-op. Today a neuro-something pain specialist is kindly squeezing me in to evaluate me for a nerve... condition that my podiatrist is worried I have developed in my foot.

Freaky Purple, huh? You should see it in person! Haha


It is called Complex Regional Pain Syndrome. My mom has fondly nick named it Crips. Haha If I have the condition, surgery is called off until we can treat this condition. If I don't, then surgery is still on for tomorrow.

I am grateful that my doctor is trying so hard to get me where I need to be. It really is a miracle that this pain guy was able to get me in so soon and I have a feeling she has something to do with it. I am so grateful for my mom. She has been with me every step of the way. She is my voice when I am so frustrated that I cannot answer the doctors questions due to tears. And she always accepts invitations to my almost-daily "parties at my house." I am grateful to so many people who open doors for me when I am stubbornly trying to do everything for myself. I am grateful to all of my friends and family for their prayers, their concerns, their texts, and their support. I flippin' love you guys!

But I am especially grateful to my Heavenly Father. I know, without a doubt, that He knows what I am going through. In fact, He is sitting next to me steering this roller coaster. I know that I CAN do this if I do it with my hand in His. In the words of Woobur the sheep, "Isn't it great!!??"

I will keep things updated on here as much as I can. :) Thank you for your love, you raisins you. I really hope that you are enjoying your 'ride!'

Much Love!!

No comments:

Post a Comment