Tuesday, March 12, 2013

The Hardest Mile that Made Me Smile

Miracles. Happen.



I have a cold.


Check out my Rudolph nose.  Imagine my man voice.


But I did something wonderful today.



Run # 5. I ran my first mile. [since the whole foot ordeal, that is]



And it was the hardest mile I have ever run.

[Partly because I have a cold, partly because I am out of shape, and partly because of pain.]

But it was also the most worthwhile and meaningful mile I have ever run.


I know it doesn't seem like much, but this is a really big deal for me. I actually cried when I told my room mates and the boys.

Just for fun, here are a couple of my favorite running scriptures:
Isaiah 40:31 and Hebrews 12:1

Here is to doing hard things. Here is to saying "NO" to discouragement. And here is to the raisins in my life. I am so blessed.


Much Love!!

No comments:

Post a Comment