Saturday, June 18, 2011

Rednecks Vs. Hippies.

You know those days where you find yourself out in the middle of a barely field in Idaho, walking down a dirt road as the sun has just set? Then you get picked up by some guy in a cowboy hat in his big boy truck and end up at a bonfire right on the edge of the Snake River? And through all of this you find yourself pondering the question, "Why don't I have my taser right now?"
Yeah. Neither do I.... :)
Last night Jake invited us to sojourn to a bonfire in IF with him. And I kid you not, the above story is reality. This is how they do things in Idaho apparently.
At first we couldn't find the tiny, dirt road that we were supposed to turn off on. So Jake pulled over to ask some boy for directions. This is Idaho, so naturally he knew this boy. His directions sounded like this:
Drive that way until you see the big house down there. Then there's a little dirt road right before a telephone pole.
Idaho? Yes.
So we turned off onto this dirt road that really was tiny and drove for a while on a very bumpy road until we crossed a bridge and got out. Then this man on a four wheeler excitedly greeted us and yells that he is gonna go grab someone to pick us up. Then we walked/drove for another who-knows-how-long and ended up right by the Snake River at a quaint, little bonfire where we learned about the circle of life (farmer style... I'm not gonna share this one.... I like to keep my blog somewhat uplifting) and how the hippies from Arkansas could never survive up here because they don't like guns. And by the way, Rednecks do believe in world peace... If you want me to explain that one, call me. Again, I like to keep my blog somewhat uplifting. :) We all agreed that this night was a really great motivator to stay in school... Haha.
It was a little on the sketchy side, so we didn't stay long. But the journey was just soooo Idaho that I couldn't resist sharing it. This is how they do it in Idaho, folks.

News update: Tyler (My roommate) just informed me that she got 2nd place in her age group in the Twin Falls Triathlon that she just completed!!! Nice going, Girly! You are a rockstar!!!

So what's new in Idaho? ... Mmm nothing. But I am trying my best to enjoy the old. :) Idaho is a whole different world and Rexburg is even more unique, but they have a lot of cool experiences to offer. Embrace it or die of boredom and possibly insanity. I will forever be grateful for my time up here and all of the people I am meeting. I am sooo blessed.

Much Love!!

No comments:

Post a Comment