If you ever hear something from within telling you that you are not good enough, tell it to go to Hell, because that is exactly where it came from.
This week I had one of those days where I was just feeling super down on myself. I knew in the logical part of my brain that I have worth and that I am loved, but I was just feeling super oppressed by feelings of inadequacy.
I prayed that I would be able to feel my worth. Long story short: Heavenly Father answers fervent prayers. He does not want us to feel discouraged. No matter how many mistakes we make, discouragement is NEVER His plan. Hope and encouragement are the messages of the gospel.
We can do this, guys! We really can. All it takes is a little courage and a lot of prayer.
"Life is to be enjoyed, not just endured." - Gordon B. Hinkley.
I am grateful for the many raisins present to help me enjoy my life. I have so much to enjoy! I even have a bag of sour cream and onion chips sitting on my fridge and calling my name right now.
Yeah. I'm pretty blessed. :)
Also. President Packer's recent General conference talk has a really great poem about enjoying the journey. I want to be like him.
I particularly loved this stanza:
You ask, “What will the future bring?
Just what will be my fate?”
I’ll go along and not complain.
Ask when I’m 88!
I want to take it as it comes, to "go along and not complain," to look at the trials of life with a chuckle and remember that it is all a part of the journey. (So if you see me chuckling, just keep in mind that I am trying to be more like President Packer.)
I love you guys. Thank you for being a significant part of my happiness. I hope it's sunny where you are today... Unless you like rain. :)
Much Love!!
No comments:
Post a Comment