Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Peace

Today I am grateful for peace.

Quentin L. Cook's April General Conference Talk talks specifically about peace. It is really an amazing talk. I suggest reading and re-reading it!

My roommate Brooke and I were talking about the truth that we can be in a really bad circumstance and be happy or be in really great circumstances and be unhappy. I think that this is parallel to this idea of being able to find peace even amidst the most difficult trials through the Atonement of Jesus Christ.

Then there is all of the scary and terrible things that are happening in our world today. These inspire feelings of fear and despair. This talk really puts these things into perspective by reminding us that we can have personal peace while the world may be extremely un-peaceful.


A couple of things that stuck out to me from this talk today are:

"Peace is not found by attaining great wealth, power, or prominence. Peace is not found in the pursuit of pleasure, entertainment, or leisure. None of these can, even when attained in abundance, create any lasting happiness or peace.

The Savior is the source of true peace. Even with the trials of life, because of the Savior’s Atonement and His grace, righteous living will be rewarded with personal peace."


I know that these things are true! I am grateful for the Atonement that allows us to have peace despite trial or turmoil. I hope that you can find peace today. :)

Much Love!!

No comments:

Post a Comment