Tuesday, November 13, 2012
Of Past, Present, and Future.
A year and two days ago (Yes, that'd be 11/11/11) I had foot surgery. So I'm "waxin' nostalgic" and all that...
When I look back to who I was, I am amazed at how much I have changed (and how much I haven't)... Because...
Of course. Some things never change. :)
There is something about November. November and new experiences. This November is no different for me. But I won't bore you with the whole list.
Last November, by request of my wonderful Momma, I began crocheting my beloved afgan. It is huge, disproportionate, and may possibly save an entire 3rd world country (Ooops! Where is my educated mind!?! ... "Developing Nation"...) someday. And I love it. One of these days I will actually finish it. ...
This November it is a quilt.
A VERY bright quilt.
Yeah. We're basically best friends already. :)
Side note: The best things can be found at JoAnns... Look closely to find a treasure.
Yep. Doilies stapled into the head rests. Priceless.
Whoever said a Subaru Forrester couldn't be girly never met this lady.
Another new experience for me comes in the form of needles. Yay. My favorite.
Acupuncture.
Once upon a lovely Monday morning, I took a trip to the accu-practor, Dr. Hatch: AKA Doctor # 15. (We dubbed him thus because he is also a chiropractor.) I don't actually know if it works yet... 2 times a week for 3 weeks... I'll let ya know. ;)
So I've been climbing some metaphoric mountains, as usual. My dear friend and former YW leader clued in from out-of-state (which is pretty impressive, I might add) and suggested this Mormon Message:
http://www.mormonchannel.org/mormonmessages?v=1839005837001
This is derived from one of my favorite talks given by Hugh B. Brown. The complete text can be found here:
http://www.lds.org/new-era/1973/01/the-currant-bush?lang=eng&query=currant+bush
(In case you were clueless like me and wanted to know what a currant bush actually looks like, I did you a favor and looked it up.)
The constant theme in my life and scripture study lately has been patience, faith, and accepting the Lord's will for me. These are not easy things to learn and I have been actively learning them for a while now. (And I still have a LOT to learn in these areas unfortunately.)
I don't have any idea what the plan is for me. But I have recently learned to remember something extremely important:
Not only is the plan for me going to be awesome, it already is.
Raisins in the bran. :)
I am grateful to "the Gardener" who loves me enough to cut me down so that I can grow into what He knows I can become. It will all be worth it. :)
Also, I'm grateful to my friends and family. I simply could not do it without you. Thank you times a really big number!
Doctors 16 and 17 tomorrow! Bring it on!
Much Love!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment