You know those times when you are singing a song and all of a sudden you stop and realize what the words mean?
Well I had a moment like this not pertaining to a song, but a light switch. I was walking out my room [like I do several times a day] when I really noticed my light switch.
Ah the perks of living in the guest room of sorts. It's ok to be jealous. :)
Remember on Friday when Hannah went on her first date and I made them pose for a picture? Retaliation. [Even though this certainly was not our first date.] Awkward, fake smiles, oh baby!
One of these days we will get a good picture.
We went on a group date. AKA a party. We picnic-ed gourmet style and watched home videos. It was super. :) I guess not all group dates are scary after all! [I guess it helps to be with someone you really like...]
Dad had a Birthday! Woopie! We had the whole gang over to party! Including Kristie and the Clark kids. :) At one point Holly and I determined that Kristie needed a good cuddle.
Game plan: "I'll take that side of her and you take the other. Ready.... Go!"
She never saw it coming. :)
It was a wonderful day! Everyone had smiles on their faces.
And Brenden's biggest fear is hugs from girls! If that isn't fun, I don't know what is.
Mom and I have had quite the adventurous day today.
First stop: Pick up truck from the storehouse and have Michelle [The Directionally-Challenged-Wonder] follow Mom to bank [Stop 2]. Sucess! ...
Except for... Well have you ever wondered what $1000 in quarters looks like on the floor of a minivan?
Wonder no more!
But hey, this isn't something that happens everyday. Don't mind us. We are just spicing our lives up a little! Haha :)
Third stop: Back to Doc # 9's office to talk about options. Do I look like a druggie or what?
It's looking like we are going to try a nerve block again this Thursday. This time with... limited anesthetic and in 2 spots on my spine instead of 1. If it works, it'll be physical therapy 3 times a week. If not... Well... Uh... I'll let you know as soon as anyone else has a suggestion. ;) Haha
Today was not my favorite day. I was feeling really discouraged after the doctor. BUT:
I am feeling very grateful for the little things. Sometimes the simple, little things are what keep us afloat when the current picks up.
Example: When you put the key back in your ignition after filling up an empty tank and the gauge flies up to full.
Call me crazy, but it always brings a smile to my face. :)
[I won't lie to you. About 3000 life metaphors come to my mind at the mention of "full tank" ... I'll keep them to myself this time, though. :) You're welcome.]
Simple things bring perspective, I think. They cause us to step back and realize that hard times really are just a fraction of the time that makes up our day and a single aspect of our lives. They are not all-encompassing and They Do Not Last.
I am grateful for simple things like a Full Tank to give me a little bit of perspective. My day has been completely turned around. I guess it is true what they say about small and simple things. Alma 37:6 :)
Much Love!!




woah! I want $1,000 in quarters!
ReplyDelete