I feel like this is a blog of blurbs... but sometimes we need a little bit of unorganized junk in our lives. So I'm gonna leave it. :)
Marriage Prep. Sadly yesterday was the very last class. I am sad to see it go, but not disappointed in the least. Sister Hendricks truly is a wonderful teacher. I have learned so much from her. Yesterday not one of us left the class with dry eyes. (Even the boys.) I wish I could explain the reason, but I don't feel like I could do it justice in writing. Let's just say that "Come Thou Font" was involved and it was so amazing.
Side Note: Funny story. My bedroom window faces the men's housing right behind our apartment. We don't have air conditioning and neither do they so we all leave our windows open pretty much 24/7. There is this... very amused man who loves to laugh. REALLY LOUDLY!! It is the same laugh every single time. Use your imagination: "Heh Heh Heh!" It's great that he loves to laugh. I am happy that he feels the need to laugh just about every 17 seconds in the same loud 3 outbursts of noise. But not so early in the morning so loudly! Or at least can he share what he is laughing about?? It is obviously super funny! (Sorry, some things that just get under your skin early in the morning. It really is funny now though, looking back.)
Happy Thought: I was able to talk to my boss at Ave Maria today and find out that I do have a job when I get home! What a blessing that is! That is a huge weight off of my shoulders. :)
So I always thought that The Ensign was really boring and not worth my time, (Except for the conference edition.) but I guess that's because I have never read one before. Ladies and gentlemen, I was wrong. This month's Ensign is quite amazing. It is so full of treasures! I cannot believe that I have let myself miss out on this. It is hard to choose a favorite from the ones that I have read so far, but I really enjoyed the "Be of good cheer" one. (And the First Presidency Message.) John 16:33 is such an encouraging scripture. "...In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world." It really helps you to keep a happy and eternal perspective. Things are going to be tough in our lives. The weather will make us sweat our skin off, the boy across the window from you will wake you up by laughing loudly and constantly, you will lose the ones you love, people will spit on you or yell obscene things as they drive by you, you will bomb a test and forget an assignment, the man at Taco Bell will forget your order, you will have so many struggles that you might feel like you can go on no longer. But Jesus Christ has overcome the world! And He has overcome it for us. Can we even comprehend how fantastic that truly is!? There is so much joy to be had. We have so much reason to "Be of good cheer." When we really see the joy that the Atonement can bring; if only for a split second we can grasp it, we can understand that all of the other things are so small. And not only are they small, they are for our benefit. That doesn't mean that they don't matter or that they are not difficult, it simply means that they will not last.
Sorry if that was a little intense... Sometimes you just have to share. I hope that you feel joy and hope today. I am forever grateful for the many people who touch my life daily. You make all of the difference. :)
Much Love!!
Thanks for the boost and reminder! Love you sooooo much!
ReplyDelete