I decided to try this blog a little bit Quinci style because I miss her (And all of my girls!)
So how awkward on a scale of 1 to 10 is it to have a pedicure done?
Minimal, right?
That's what I thought. Mom and I decided to go get pedicures for medicinal purposes. You see, I am going to have to get surgery on my foot... maybe. I won't know till August 23.
But what if we up the stakes a bit? A man is doing your pedicure and you haven't shaved your legs in... well, a while?
Now the awkwardness level is climbing.
And don't forget. They don't really speak English but they love to speak Vietnamese super loudly all around you.
I've learned while living with a Korean room mate and her many friends that Asian languages are SUPER LOUD!
The other thing about having a man give you a pedicure is that they massage your feet and legs a lot more vigorously than a woman. This would be a good thing if I didn't have sooo many bruises on my feet and legs right now from cliff/ bridge jumping. Can you say, OUCH!
Also, he turned on the massage chair which made me look like I was shimmying for like 40 minutes. (Yes, it's ok to laugh. I had to pretend like I was texting someone a few times so that I could laugh and have it pass as something they said.)
See, the thing about me is that I just can't help laughing sometimes and once I start, there is no stopping it. Especially if I am not supposed to be laughing.
So in the end, Mom and I got cute toes and a lot of laughs. (P.S. Is it weird that I think of Roger and Augie Rife when I get pedicures?) The Asians all guessed that I was 10 or 13 years old and couldn't contain their laughter when I told them the truth. (This seems to be happening a lot lately. Last night at a singles ward thing, I said that I was older than I looked and this guy guessed 17. Also, my new bishop told my sister that I couldn't be more than 16 years old.)

I am loving being home! I finally got to meet my Thatcher and see my other 2 boyfriends, Jackson and Liam. I am loving the bounty of food and laughter always supplied at my house. I am so grateful for the simple joys of life. Things like Thrift Store Proms and Elders Quorum Presidents, Giggles and Family, Promises of a bike ride soon, and Spare ribs for dinner. Thank you for the extra raisins. :)
Quinci, I hope you don't mind my borrowing your blog style for this post. :) I sure miss you, Girls!! I hope your break is awesome and Fall semester is even better!Much Love!!
No comments:
Post a Comment