Thursday, May 26, 2011

When life is too much to stand, kneel.

This week has a been an interesting one in our apartment. Emotions are running high in anticipation of our long weekend. (And maybe our utter shock that the world didn't end after all!! Bahaha. We will still go to the store and buy Tang. Apparently it is a necessity for the apocalypse. Tell your friends! It might be your only hope for survival.) Despite everything, this week has also brought so many great things into our lives.
It has been rainy, rainy, rainy up here lately! But yesterday was one of the most beautiful days I have seen in a long time. And thanks to the rain, it was super green! I particularly love how all of the trees are blossoming with flowers that you can smell as you walk by. It's enough to make you want to sing and skip around. ( Or at least me... cough.) I don't know about anyone else, but yesterday was exactly what I needed to keep me sane. A little vitamin D can go a long way, in my opinion.
In my stage of life, the in between stage, it is easy to feel homesick. But that is why I was put in an apartment with dear Quinci. She drew me a lovely picture of a fire that I hung by my bed. (Because we want to have a bonfire, but we have to wait till the weekend.) It doesn't really have much to do with home, but it made me feel better. She also has taken to sitting on my bed every night so I can talk to her in German for about 3 minutes while she translates it into English. The translations go something like this:
Me: Ich weiss nicht was zu tun ist.
Quinci: The cat has a purple robe.
Me: Mein Kopf ist kaputt.
Quinci: The cat stepped on your ball. No... cheese!!!
It makes me laugh so much and I get to practice my German again!
I continue to be so blessed in ways that I can't even begin to count! So maybe my eggs did magically disappear this morning. But I got to have some delicious freezer jam on toast (courtesy of Quinci's mom) and I wasn't eating an unhealthy amount of cholesterol! This event might have just saved my heart. (Yes, this week in Nutrition Class I am learning about Heart disease. How'd you know??)
Announcement: Please drink red grape juice and eat some fish to get your omega 3's in! And please read some good scriptures too! I want everyone to have a healthy, happy heart. :)
And as always. THANK YOU SO MUCH TO ALL OF THE WONDERFUL PEOPLE IN MY LIFE!!!
So I could sit here forever long and type up all of the small and simple things that have brought a smile to my face this week, or I could just get to the point right now. Why do I write these crazy, dumb little posts about 'Extra Raisins?' I write them because if I didn't, I'd go insane. There is so much good in the world and we can't let it get overrun by all of the bad things. As soon as we focus on one little, small thing, it gets a little bit bigger. So this is my attempt to focus on the positive small things rather than the negative ones. :) I hope they get so big that they explode!

Remember to see the fridge half-full and thank God for all He sends your way. That's a pretty good recipe for a dang good day!

Much Love!!

1 comment:

  1. as always, I love your blog entries. You have so much fun with them. I love your "glass half full" personality and well, .... pretty much everything about you! :o)

    ReplyDelete