Monday, August 17, 2009

Last First Week under the scope

So last week was my LAST FIRST WEEK OF HIGH SCHOOL! Talk about Bittersweet! Here's the deal:
High school drivers are no good. Nope.
I have only 5 class periods, so I get to leave around 12:30 which is fantastic in my oh-so-highly-thought-of-opinion.
Here is what my day looks like:
English with Jacobsen. She is a slightly hairbrained, self-proclaimed nutcase that smokes a lot and loves cows and Parker and Franktown history. Somedays you love her, somedays you don't and vice versa. About half of my seminary class is in this class. A record high of 7 mormons. It is a party.
Then AP german. Auf Deutsch.... Dieses Jahre ist nicht so spass wie Deutsch IV. Es ist veil Arbeit und Hausaufgaben. Das ist nich so froh, aber Liebe ich Frau Parsons. Sie ist die besten!
Then Aquatic Biology with Dorman. Melissa, Holly, Ben, and Amelia all had her for whatever subject so I guess she already 'knows' me. Aquatic biology sounds really interesting and fun right? You think, oh yay! Sharks and jelly fish.... Maybe it's like that in California, but in good-ole-Parker it's about Ponds........ Our upcoming and exciting project coming up is called, and I quote, "Pond Study." Riveting huh? We get to look at moss and bacteria. Wooooo. But Paul is in that class with me so we will make it AFAP (as fun as possible).
Then I have Data and Decisions with Willie Long... bahaha. (Say his name out loud, it's great.) Data and Decisions (DADs) is also commonly known as 'Stoner's math.' And let me just tell you how accurate that is. Haha.... So there was a HUGE party this weekend (party as in the kind you do NOT want to be at unless you're into the whole dying young from an illegal drug overdose thing) and it got called in so a lot of people are majorly busted and 1 girl even jumped off of a 30 foot balcony to get away from the cops (smart right?).... well the point is, I think me and maybe 4 other people in my class were the only ones from stoner math that weren't there..... So naturally, I 'love' that class....
Anyways, last I HAD psychology with Tabola who has been teaching at Pondo since it opened( And he doesn't even look like a dinosaur!!) .... but today they decided to take random people and ruin their schedules and I was one of those lucky people... So I no longer have psycology. I have U.S. history since 1945, an all juniors class with Olsen. I didn't go today so I don't know what that will be like, but at least I don't have Landon. :) Party.
So we go through the usual boring first day full of "course policy" sheets and fake 'I'm-so-excited-for-this-school-year' smiles from the teachers. I wonder, why do they waste the time saying how much they hate doing all of the boring stuff if they're just gonna do it anyways?? But in all fairness, Summer happens to fry everyone's brains. Teachers are no exception. What weirdys. (And I mean that in the best way possible...)
We went to Cherry Creek Res for Mutual and brother Weaver... is merciless!! But he could not tip Malena, Tenae and my tube! Woo! It was a fun activity. :)
Wednesday I started work at Ave Maria Catholic school at the after care. I like it, I get paid well, and I get to work with kids and Malena and her wonderful mother, so I like it. :)
The rest of the week was....... dull and full of work and schooly.
Friday after work me and Mel had this great non-party planned. It was spectacular. In case someone doesn't know, our word that describes our fabulous lives is Party. Not, PARTY! no. just party. We get it from Nick Swarnson/Swardson/ whatever his last name is. But anyways, we went to the cute little Italian bakery near all of the pristine victorian houses in little downtown Parker. (If you have never been, I highly recommend it, it is so good!) We paid all in change! And we went back for seconds because they were just soooo good! They're the kind of pastries that you bite into and you can tell that they were made fresh only a few hours ago. :) Mmm. Then we went to the pool but it was SUPER cold and the hot tub was broken (We didn't do it this time....) so we just made our own hot tub. Then we are old so I left at 10:30.
Saturday was the best of EFY. Great speakers. Lights:
"Guys, you want to marry a girl that awwws to pictures. If you see a girl that looks at a picture of a baby and says yuck a baby, that's a bad sign!
"That's correct!"
Pick up lines.
The dance was outside..... ouch! It was alright though. Then after an after-dance party I just had a great night. :)

A special thanks to:
Sister Knudsen-Duh you rock and I love you and all that you do for us! Thanks for the LOR. :)
Sister Williams- LOR. Thanks a ton!
Sister Billat- LOR also. You guys are the best. What would I do without you??
All of my friends- for their laughter, smiles, and everything in between. :)
My parents- I quite literally would not be here without you two love birds. Thanks for everything. :)
My sisters old and young- I learn a ton from you guys and I wouldn't give you up for anything. CTR and let's be together forever. :)

Kailey, good luck with tryouts! You can do it! (Even with a broken toe)

Sorry, that is LONG!
Much Love!!

1 comment:

  1. I love your writing. I think the name change is cute too. I'm glad we made your life possible!!!
    Love,
    MOM

    ReplyDelete