...the little things you remember always? My favorite, living, blood brother, Benjamin once taught me the "Art of making Ramen." You might be thinking 1) you don't really need to be taught how to make ramen. Americans know how from birth or 2) Making ramen is not an art. Well you are wrong on both accounts. For those of you who don't know my dear brother, I'll explain. Growing up eating dinner right next to Ben was so entertaining! Whether he was making sculptures with his mashed potatoes or running to the sink to spit out his drink from laughing so hard, he always kept us entertained. It's a good thing we don't have the rule "Don't play with your food" at our house because I don't know what Ben would have done!! ;) But anyways, Ramen. For some reason, when Ben makes Ramen, it just tastes 10 times better than when anyone else makes it! So one day he took pity on me and decided to teach me his secrets! (Which, of course, cannot be told) And he probably doesn't even remember doing this, but anytime I make Ramen, it reminds me of my favorite Ben. So thank you Benji! :)
....how icky things like migraines have both pros and cons? So I have never been drunk(nor do I plan to ever experience it) but some people at school would argue otherwise after seeing me at school today. My sincerest apoligies go out to anyone that I talked to last night on the phone (mainly Kailey and Sister Knudsen) I was hard to understand and a little distant. But hopefully you at least got a laugh. :) Willie Long (Math teacher) and I bonded over migraines today. He even told me I could leave if I wanted to (not that I have any work to do anyways even after missing a whole day). Mrs. Dorman thought I was just extremely bored with her lecture on classifying and identifying lakes. Ms. Jacobsen thought I was on drugs and Michael said he was glad to see me alive after missing 2 days of seminary. Bahaha Michael Barnum. See? Both good and not so good. :)
... how we associate certain words with colors? Random word test. See if we are close.
Charity - Red (Like a heart)
Smile - Yellow (Smiley face.... not teeth...)
Shoes - Red (... just cuz. haha)
Sleep - Blue (Because I like to think the inside of my eyelids are not black but dark blue)
Colorado - "Colorful" ("Welcome to Colorful Colorado!")
Utah - Blue (No clue)
Washington - Green (duh.)
Dream - Purple (Hmmm that's interesting)
Family - Green (Family Tree maybe? I don't know)
Well anyways. As always, a special thanks to all those who make me laugh, cry, and everything in between.
Much Love!!
As always, I loved your blog entry. It's just so random, real, and you. I miss having Ben around to eat at the table with us. Lucky April! Maybe you should have complained about your mean mom who made you get up and go to school. It might make you feel better. I agree with most of your colors, but Utah has always been orange to me. Love ya!
ReplyDeleteHaha thanks Mother Dear! I really did come out of your stomach.... Bahaha. Love you. :)
ReplyDeleteI concur with Mom, Utah is orange. Thank you for divulging my secret abilites with Ramen, I must confess, although Ramen has almost 0 nutrional value and is high in sodium, I love the stuff. There are many different types of Ramen you could make, but the type Michelle likes I cannot take credit for.
ReplyDeleteHonestly, the type that Michelle likes was shown to me by the previous Ramen master Melissa. I have no clue which Ramen master taught her, but it is obviously a great tactic to pass on. So, Michelle, Pass it on.