Saturday, October 13, 2012

Spiritual Fitness 101

So... I haven't blogged in a while. Oops.

Rest assured that Tyler's hand and my little burn are ok. Aside from scarring, they are back to normal. :) Yipee!


We went on a hot date a couple of weeks ago.

See?
We actually clean up pretty good, huh?? [And always use correct grammar...]



I thought that since the pictures I posted last time were a little... gruesome, I'd post some good ones. [Not to mention give Tyler some credit for an awesome date he planned.]




A few weeks before this, we decided that since we are big kids, we should probably dress up all spiffy like and go out on a date. Just for fun. So we did. :)

Tyler did not tell me what we were doing, I just knew we were dressing up. Surprises are scary, but sometimes they can be nice too. :)

We went to Red Lobster  and had crab legs and had our own little dance in the church parking lot. Courtesy of a mix made by Jam master T. [In case you were wondering, that's Tyler's alias. And of course mine is M Dawg McSkiffy... what else would it be??]

I'm really strong. That's my job.


And Tyler's is looking pretty... and salsa dancing.


So I guess you could say life is pretty awesome. :)

[And thank you, Tyler. You are the best. Hands down. Thanks for all you do for me everyday.]


I know everyone is going to be SUPER disappointed when they read this next sentence... BUT: I don't really have any of my oh-so-insightful life metaphors to divulge in this post.

I am trying hard to make sense of the experiences I am having and rely on the Lord. Life can be really challenging and confusing sometimes. And I won't lie, the last couple of weeks have been just plain awful at times. But the great thing about the gospel is it is full of encouragement and full of hope. [And wasn't conference just amazing?? I was blown away.] I am so blessed and I just wanted to take a minute and say, "Thank you." A lot of my blessings are the people that support and love me. Thank you. I love each of you.

I saw Doc #14 this week. A neurologist. He can't help me. He referred me to a colleague. He wants me to get a second opinion on CRPS... again. While this is extremely frustrating and discouraging, I know that this is a journey. I can enjoy and learn from every step, and I intend to. There is a plan for me, and I bet it is awesome. Maybe doctors cannot figure out the problem with my foot right now and maybe they never will. Maybe I don't have any idea if I will be able to go back to school in January or the answers to a lot of my questions. But I know that I am in God's hands and He knows and wants the very best for me. This, not our circumstances, is what brings joy.

Today. I am doing my best to "run with patience the race set before me."

Spiritual fitness 101. The most valuable learning I will ever receive. And guess what?? It's free. :)

Talk about raisins!

Much Love!!

No comments:

Post a Comment