Ready for it?? This one is a bit (Ok... A lot) of a stretch.
Try not to be too jealous when I tell you that I had a corn dog for lunch today.... I was going to eat something healthy with it. (My idea of healthy in this case, by the way, is getting a bit of something from each food group...) Just as I was deciding which fruit to eat, I saw the chocolate milk.
Fruit and chocolate milk are practically the same thing anyways.... right?
So instead of taking the time to make a decision, clean/cut/ prepare the fruit... I poured the chocolate milk and drank it. (Even though I am not a big sweets person... What the heck?)
I had really great intentions of getting at least a fragment of nutrition into my mid day meal.
Unfortunately I chose not to act on them.
Is this the end of the world? Not even close. That's not supposed to happen for another month or two... ;P
But you know me, I see life metaphors in anything, even my lunch.
I think that a lot of the time (And I hope I am not completely alone in this) I have really great intentions. This month I am going to go visiting teaching! Or Today I am going to clean my room, do my laundry, and chew gum all at the same time! But I let them remain intentions in favor of the chocolate milk of procrastination or laziness or whatever-else-gets-in-the-way.
And you know what? I like fruit a whole lot better than chocolate milk anyways!
When I actually get these things accomplished, I feel much better than when I laze around being a bum. Not only do I feel better, but I become a little better by improving something in my life even if (or perhaps because) it takes more effort, more brain power, more energy to accomplish.
So basically I want to do better at this. :)
No more settling for the chocolate milk when I could have the fruit!
Much Love!!
No comments:
Post a Comment