Thursday, August 30, 2012

Headaches and Joy

Yesterday was full of headaches and joy. ALL AT THE SAME TIME. Who knew that was even a possibility?

Tuesday night I had a really bad migraine. [Don't even worry. The Armitsteads took good care of me. Thanks, guys!] So yesterday I was experiencing the "aftershock." This includes a blurry brain and small headaches off and on throughout the day.

Work was a zoo. We normally have 25 kids on a busy day. Yesterday we had 50 [and we were short one member of our staff.] There were some deeply gashed knees [Hopefully there won't be stitches required...], a bad case of heat exhaustion, jammed fingers, and a WHOLE LOT of messes. [And there was also that incident with the jammed screw... Where are the strong men when you need them!?!]

BUT amidst all of this stress and mess, we all had so much fun! It was one of the best days of work we have had this year.

We did an awesome foil painting craft... [Not to be confused with what our calendar said we would be doing.... What a type-o!]


 Wore sweet protective gear...


 Got the first paycheck of the year...


Performed [slightly awkward and possibly accidental] magic tricks...


And climbed to new heights to achieve our goals. [Getting a new role of paper towels, in this case.]


Today I relearned a wonderful fact of life: Hard work is good for the soul.

I grew up in a home where hard work was taught and practiced. I am so grateful for this. Mom, Dad: You obviously rock.

When we are moving and working and serving, we have the opportunity to remember what life is all about. [You've got to love those perspective moments.] There is joy to be found in work. A stagnant, pampered life is dull and boring and leaves no room for real growth. The bloody knees and elbow grease is what makes life so interesting and worth living.

I am so grateful to be working again. I love my cute little kiddos. They make me crowns [because I am obviously a queen] and they make me laugh.

Life is good, headaches, bloody knees, and all. :)

Much Love!!

No comments:

Post a Comment