Saturday, September 11, 2010

The Thrill of the Hunt

Palms sweating, she grips the wheel tighter and inches the gas petal subtly down. After all, 5 over isn't speeding yet. She just saw yet another sign and the anticipation is growing. Will this be the one I have been looking for or just another dud full of baby strollers and chipped old furniture? She cranks the air conditioning as if that will help the heat of pure adrenaline burning inside of her. Who knew that neon poster board bearing two hand-written words could be such an adventure? The speedometer is nearing 10 over as she searches frantically for another sign. Did she pass it? She considers turning back as the panic sets in. But wait, up in the distance is a yard cluttered with all sorts of items! Could this be it!?

This is how I imagine my mother feels as she hunts for the ever allusive garage sales on Saturday mornings. Stay tuned for a sequel: Getting out of the car and making the buy.

Love you, Mom!

Much Love!!

1 comment:

  1. I love it! You have a flair for the dramatic! I just crank up the A/C because I'm having a hot flash! ha ha ha. Just don't make too much fun of me since I get lots of loot for you too! I'll anxiously await your next installment. (and yes, I do walk through Barnes and Noble and think...I'll wait until that comes out in a garage sale) love ya!

    ReplyDelete