Sunday, February 17, 2013

Febru... Anything Goes!

This month has been absolutely insane! It has been a roller coaster of ups and downs and all kinds of loop-de-loops!

I have cried a lot. I have laughed a lot. And I have learned a lot.

There is this talk by President Hinkley. He quotes a colomnist, saying:

"Anyone who imagines that bliss is normal is going to waste a lot of time running around shouting that he's been robbed. The fact is that most putts don't drop. Most beef is tough. Most children grow up to be just ordinary people. Most successful marriages require a high degree of mutual toleration. Most jobs are more often dull than otherwise. . . .
Life is like an old-time rail journey—delays, sidetracks, smoke, dust, cinders, and jolts, interspersed only occasionally by beautiful vistas and thrilling bursts of speed. The trick is to thank the Lord for letting you have the ride."

I just found this super applicable. I have learned that sometimes we just have to go with the flow. Our plans don't always work out, and life sometimes just keeps taking unexpected turn after unexpected turn. But really the trick is to be grateful and hold onto the Lord through it all. These are the times that we learn and grow the most!

Take it as it comes, because anything goes!! 


That was pretty ambiguous, I know. But I've just been thinking about roller coasters and climbing and all of those wonderful metaphors lately. :)

I don't want to share the downs, but I DO want to share a few of the "Ups" that have been going on. Because I believe in miracles and tender mercies. I have been smothered in them!

Raisins.

A little bit of awesome FHE. We played "knock out" or "lightning." Ashley and I needed to tuck our shirts in to do cartwheels... We looked awesome.


And I went for a quick run on the track above this court while everyone else was playing. I didn't know this, because I had headphones in, but everyone cheered for me as I ran by them. They even got other people in the court in on it!

We have THE greatest FHE family!  (You'll hear a lot about them in this post. They are such a blessing to our apartment.)

We decided to take some pictures at Sara's BBall game. They were cute....


And THEN we said do a "funny" face. Cameron needs to look "funny" up in the dictionary. Hahaha! Creepy!!! ;) But we'll keep him anyways.


ALL of my room mates and I are working on our mondo blankets! Haha! My mistake has turned into the trend! Can you believe it?!? We have even had several neighbors join in the club and start their own! It's so great!


My "mondo the second" is bubblegum pink and navy. :)
 

This picture speaks for itself. What a blessing to be so close to the temple.


Our sweet FHE brothers invited us over for Valentine's Day and we dipped strawberries in chocolate. They were all of our Valentines. :) We played a fun game and went to Wendy's.
 


Cameron attempted to photo bomb Elsa's picture.

FAIL. Haha 

He didn't account for the strawberry in the way.


Sometimes, when you're in college... Your neighbors come stick their faces creepily against the window at night...
In mustaches... Not that I know from experience or anything...


And sometimes your FHE brother takes everyone out for ice cream. Just because.
Joseph. What a stud.


Sometimes you have inside jokes with your FHE brothers and give them cupcakes that may or may not have fallen on the ground...

Don't fret: We took the pine needles out of them and brushed the dirt off...


Sometimes, the highlight of everyone's week is our Saturday walley ball date! :)


Sometimes so much joy happens in one weekend. Here's the list:
2 Room mates got their mission calls
2 neighbors got their mission calls.
2 Couples in our ward got engaged. (One of them is our FHE brother. Now, we have a FHE sister-in-law! Yessss!)


And now. The grand finale of this post.

I got kissed in church today.


Yep. Right in the middle of Family History (Sunday School), Ashley and I were talking about the Ancestry app when we hear this sshhhhh. We look down at the table.

Sure enough, these two guys in our ward [that we do not know] had slid hershey's kisses across the table to us. Haha. Oh the adventures of college.

Much Love!!

No comments:

Post a Comment