Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Is it Possible to be Happy About Mowing the Lawn?

I am still trying my best to not take things for granted. In case you were wondering, yes, I did mow the lawn again today. :P Haha. While I was mowing I had something jump out at me. And this time, it wasn't just grass. I had the thought that maybe I should be grateful for even these chores that I find so annoying. While I am standing there vowing that I will somehow find a way to destroy the lawn mower, maybe someone else is sitting and vowing that they would gladly mow the lawn 100 times over if they could only have legs that worked. So my paradigm may have been gradually shifted.... But don't let that get out! People might think that I will start wearing normal clothes to WalMart with my mom or something and THAT is one thing that is definitely not gonna change! (Sorry, mom. You only have a few more months to be embarrassed by me on a weekly basis.) So yes, I am grateful that I was able to mow the lawn today. I am grateful that I have a home to have junk mail sent to. And mostly, I am grateful for the extra raisins in my life. :)

Thank you always to my loving friends and family. You mean the world to me.

Much Love!!

1 comment:

  1. It's funny, read my blog and you'll see that I was having similar thoughts. I'm glad to take you to Walmart, even when you are wearing goofy clothes. When you go to school, I will miss you soooooo much. Who will I buy office supplies with? Who will load the dishwasher when I'm running late, or just a tired slacker? Who will cringe when I ask for a foot massage? Ok, probably anyone would cringe at that! I love you sooooo much!

    ReplyDelete