Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Is it only Wednesday?!?!

Last weekend, a great event took place called a "3 day weekend." It just sort of sounds magical doesn't it?? Labor day weekend. One of the little girls at work asked why it is called Labor Day. And I guess I didn't really know the legit answer. So being the nerd that I am, I looked it up thinking there would be an actual good reason for such a boring name. But no. It is just a break from work or labor that some McGuire guy invented. But I think it should be a 4 day weekend because if you travel out of town, then you have to drive/ fly back on the holiday which certainly does not give you an adequate break.... just saying. And what if someone goes into labor on labor day? .... I think it would be quite ironic to give birth on labor day. But anyways.

So my family went on the traditional Fulford's camping trip! Woo! We had the entire family, (minus Hannah), Jake Buhl, Bard and his family, Madison, and Malena! It was a blast! I led 2 groups through. I know the cave pretty dang well now. So I am thinking of just moving up there and building a house and becoming a cave guide and maybe, if I am really lucky, I will start to look like Gollum!

But yeah, we had a really fun time! Except Liam did not like sleeping there. Poor baby boy. Jackson and Liam are both unbearably cute these days!!! Malena is a "Lumber Jill" now so I changed the words to a rhyme we all know just for her.

(To be spoken like the 3 little pigs in Shrek talk)

Jack and Jill went up a hill to split a pile of wood.
Jill took longer cuz Jack was stronger.
But that's ok, she's a girl.

But anyways, she got a gnarly bruise that I am slightly jealous of on her leg. We also talked alot about enchiladas. bahahaha. Love it. Crushed ice is always good for Malena. Oh, and no, I am not a pillow, Mel, but a person that gets the breath squeezed out of her when you roll over on her.

We went and picked berries! And it started raining and it was on this steep hill and everyone kept falling and it was just priceless. Haha. Ummm yeah. We basically just had a great time and did a lot of random things that produce smiles and an abundance of laughter. :)

On Tuesday school was.... well school. Then work was, as always, entertaining and long. Then our laurel activity was crazy packed with salad and planning, goodbyes and phone calls, and much more. :)

The doctors have come to the conclusion that I do not have the fatal illness previously mentioned. But I have anemia, which is basically no big deal.

Today in German we got our first essays back. Let me just say that the writing is the only thing I currently do well in that class. I got a 6. That is on an AP scale, not out of 100 mother! Haha We got some other stuff back too.... but they were not so good.... aka bad. haha

Kara leaves tomorrow. We will miss you, Hon! You better come back and visit as much as you say you will! I will fight those idiot rumors flying around at school to the death!

Lights:
"Don't be a foil." Thanks Sister Butler. You are the best Seminary teacher ever!!!
"Michelle! Are you Mormon?!?!" Yes. How many years have you been teaching me Frau? 3? Haha
Playing football with kindergartners gets dang brutal! They throw it as hard as they can but it only makes it to your feet and it bounces up in your face. (You might be thinking, "move them closer to you." They were about... 4 feet away. Adorable.)
So close to going to the Killers concert! With backstage, VIP passes. Thanks Phil! You are as nice as you are tall. And you have cool cousins, aka the drummer in the Killers.
Derek Higgins learned that you don't "not attack" me in the hallways unless you want to be kicked. Ha!
Um... and also. I do believe that Spokane, Washington has really high iron levels in basically everything... So I should be allowed to go up there and be healed from this oh-so-terrible affliction... Just sayin. :)

So basically, if you don't know that I love you, then you need to turn off the computer and call me because I love you all and I am a very lucky little person to have you in my life and if I don't tell you enough, just... spit on me or something.

Much Love!!

1 comment: